"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. A
But as we will see in our study passages, we can often confuse what we do for others, and how spiritual we appear to others, with how much we Love others...and The Lord. This could not be further from the truth! In this Study we will focus on learning how to relate to God and others, and minister out of our Love for Jesus above all else. We will prayerfully learn to keep the whole purpose of Salvation at the forefront of all we do and say: Love.
I welcome you to join in on a sweet and simple journey, already in progress, to breaking down into basics, th e growing into an authentic and intentional Love relationship with Jesus that will spill over into everything you do, and everyone you meet. Won't you join us over the next few weeks as we grow in our, "Mission: Falling in Love with Jesus!"
~Pouring my life out in worship, like Costly Oil~
Week One : The Reality of Charity and Gifts without Love – An Oxymoron
- Why is having charity and spiritual gifts, without having Love such a great oxymoron?
- When reading this week's study verses, what do the spiritual gifts Paul list have in common?
- What effect might any or all of these gifts have on a gifted/charitable person's ego if they did not serve out of Love?
- For what purpose did God give gifts to mankind? Scripture reference?
- How does LOVE make the difference in God's plan for Spiritual Gifts?
- How is it possible to find ourselves using our Spiritual Gifts, while also losing our love for God and others? Example.
- What are some spiritual and practical actions we can take to keep LOVE as a fundamental part of our service to God and humanity?