Faith Story #2 – 2 Kings 4:8-37
Below are the five points that I gleaned from my study, and believe will be a blessing to readers.
- “I know that this man…is a holy man of God.”~Verse 9. Do we recognize where, when, with and through whom, and how God is working? How many answers to prayers do we miss because we are not in tuned with His ways and will?
- “She has no son, and her husband is old.”~Verse 14. God’s greatest works can be seen when we have no options and the odds are against us AND we THINK things can’t get any worse/He can’t do greater. And then…He does MORE!
- “Why go to him today?”~Verse 23. When we need God to do something beyond the realm of reality, we have to be willing to leave our comfort zone and move past the confines of our customs. Sometimes the supernatural requires radical boldness! See also Matthew 15: 25-28.
- “Run to meet her…”~Verse 26; “Leave her alone, she is in bitter distress.”~Verse 27; “…take my staff in your hand and run. Do not greet anyone you meet, and if anyone greets you, do not answer…”~Verse 29; “So he got up and followed her.”~Verse 30. The empathy and compassion Elisha displayed only touches the surface of that which our Lord has toward us. Take the knowledge and understanding that HE IS FOR YOU with you to the foot of His throne, and as you follow His path.
- “He went in, shut the door on the two of them and prayed to The Lord.” ~Verse 33. Sometimes you have to keep your prayers secret. Even speaking about your prayers for the supernatural to some can kill your faith. As someone used to tell me, say it to God and let everybody else read about it in the news!
May your faith increase and your doubt and fear decrease.
With Great Expectation,