"When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him" ~Isaiah 59:19b (King James 2000 Bible, 2003)
The whispers of the enemy constantly tries to convince us that we are not good enough, or there is no hope for us, or there is no way you can succeed because we’ve had too many failures or there is too much to fear, or that no one loves us. He wants us to believe God has abandoned us and that there is no salvation or hope for us. He wants us to believe if we sin we have no chance to be redeemed. He wants to take away our belief in God and Jesus so we will suffer with him and the rest of the fallen angels when the end time comes. He wants to take as many of us he can with him into the pits of hell when the judgment day comes. He will even use the bible and its scriptures in a deceptive way to mislead us.
This is one of the reasons why it is so important to know the Word for yourself. Study it, breathe it, live it and walk daily by it! The enemy got my attention...but so did God! You see, I was slacking in my devotion time, which some of us often do when things are “going good” but that is when we need to stay on our knees and praise Him the most! The enemy doesn’t want you when you’re doing bad...because he already has you! He wants those who are walking in God’s will. He wants to destroy your path of righteous and lead you on the pathway to hell. So every day I MUST get on my knees, not only to keep the enemy at bay...but so I can hear the whispers of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
- Our Savior tells us that ...“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” (2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJV)
- Our Savior tells us that... “For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.” (Matthew 23:12 NKJV)
- Our Savior tells us... “Yes I am with you always, until the very end of time” (Matthew 28:20)
- Our Savior tells us... “Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.” (1 John 4:4 NKJV)
- Our Savior tells us... “In the world you will have trouble but take courage for I have conquered the world.” (John 16:33b NIV)
So when the enemy whispers...GOD ALWAYS WINS!