Faith Story #1 – 2 Kings 4:1-7
Below are the five points that I gleaned from my study, and believe will be a blessing to readers.
- “The woman cried out…” ~Verse 1. Whether we find ourselves in sin, sickness, sorrow, or suffering, God desires for us to cry out to Him. He will hear our cry.
- “…what do you have in your house?” ~Verse 2. Be prepared for God to use whatever you have…but you have to have something. What do you have that God can use?
- “Your servant has…a small jar of olive oil.” ~Verse 2. “Small” can represent childlike. New, undeveloped, and inexperienced faith is enough. When properly cultivated it will yield a great harvest.
- “Don’t ask for just a few.” ~Verse 3. James 2:18 says, “…I will show you my faith by my deeds.” Dr. Tony Evans said recently, “Faith is acting like God is telling the truth.” When God gives us direction for our path, do we hesitate, question, or refuse? Or do we act like God’s plan is for you and true?
- “Go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons.” ~Verse 5. Just like faith requires action, sometimes it requires isolation. This is especially the case with new or undeveloped faith. Too many eyes and opinions of doubt can stop what God is planning to do, by planting seeds of doubt in our hearts. Sometimes you have to keep what God told you, showed you, and promised you to yourself!
May your faith increase and your doubt and fear decrease.
With Great Expectation,