"...and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." ~Colossians 1:12 (NIV)
The biggest reason God delays in answering our prayers is because what comes out of our mouths, yes even in prayer, does not always reflect what is in our hearts. The delays we often experience between asking and realizing usually have to do with the transformation process that must take place within our hearts. God will deny us NO good thing; so, when we ask to be used, minister, fulfill His will, we can be confident that it is His pleasure to grant our request! We were made to be His Ambassadors and representatives here on earth, and He gave us gifts and His Spirit to help us do just that! So why wouldn't He open the doors and extend opportunities to make His name great???
Simply, because He knows our heart, and is much more interested with what is in our heart than what comes from our lips, or what we do with our hands and feet. Know this, if He approves you, He will qualify you...and that qualifying process takes time and patience; and, His qualifying process will most certainly involve:
- Educating - One way or another, we will have to be "schooled" in the area of our mission. Either by formal education or the "school of hard knocks" we have to gain the knowledge about how to reach and relate to those on our mission field.
- Equipping - God will always give us the tools we need to accomplish His will in life. Whether it is perfecting our gift or connecting us with those who can lend theirs, it will usually take time for God to strategically align us with the right tools for our assignment.
- Endurance - Time to build that spiritual, emotional, physical, and mental muscle! Are we really developed enough to press past petty distractions and discouragement into destiny?? With all the knowledge and tools we acquire, only those who can endure the weight of what God allows will be qualified to wear His quality seal of approval!
- Evaluating (aka TESTING) - Yep! We knew it was coming! This is the one we all know about well before we even start...or we should! Hated as they are, tests are necessary. Only God truly knows if we are ready for the final approval; and, He knows how to show us what we are really made of, and how much progress we have made.
- Elevating - Praise God for FINALLY manifesting the answer to a prayer prayed long ago! It may look like a "suddenly" to most, but you and God know the qualifying process you have endured. At this point we can be confident that the condition of our heart is prepped, primed, and ready to receive what we have spoken with our mouth! Give thanks and walk humbly (by this time that should not be a problem) into the realization of your calling!
So remember to be careful and patient when you pray for God's will to be fulfilled in your life. It's a package deal: If He approves you, you WILL be qualified!
Praying For You Always,