I myself, very often get sidetracked and distracted by the many earthly pursuits and pleasures that seek to entice me into hoping for any kind of perfection on earth. Sometimes I begin to hope in the things I can do, or even the things God has so richly provided. And although our Salvation itself is not only about eternity, the hope we should hold onto is. This hope of our Salvation takes us right back to the One who is the Head of the body: Jesus Christ. Our One Hope is seated in Heaven with God, and we have hope because of Him and Him alone!
“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” ~Romans 5:1-2
Through Christ we have been given access to:
- Everything needed to live a life of confident faith
- Peace with God, both now and for all eternity
- Access to everything found in God (the fruit of the Spirit, faith, supernatural gifting and provision, and much more)
- Grace to live a victorious life of Salvation and service
- The manifest glory of God in all we do (!Wow!)
- Authority of all the power of our enemy Satan
- A life with God in eternity, and an eternal inheritance that cannot be compared to anything on earth (!!Double WOW!!)
Because of all that lies in this one hope, Salvation through Jesus Christ…because hope starts and ends with Him…because of the work He accomplished for all eternity, on the cross…we can certainly rejoice always…in HOPE!
“But I will hope continually,
And will praise You yet more and more.
My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And Your salvation all the day,
For I do not know their limits.
I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD;
I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only.”
Seeking to Grow my Walk with God and Others,