How do we know whether we are a prisoner to something before Christ?
- When I know truth, but hesitate to speak it not because I’m seeking The Lord’s direction or timing, but because I’m considering what a certain person or group of people will think.
- When God's Spirit leads me to move, but I hesitate because of how it may appear to others.
- When I need prayer or counsel, but my private or prideful nature keeps me silent and isolated.
- When God is trying to elevate me, but because of my human nature, the Spirit of God finds me hiding in the shadows with the equipment (ref. to the anointing of King Saul, 1 Samuel 10:22).
- When I automatically speak, consume, and buy things, go places, pursue relationships, assume behaviors, attitudes, and attributes because they are "trending" instead of decided at the foot of the Cross.....
As a prisoner of Christ, our only hesitation to move or speak is to seek His Word and His counsel through prayer and scripture confirmation....our zeal, for obedience to His commands. This is not legalism, this is intimacy. Liberty in Christ makes us free from every bond; but intimacy with Him compels a longing for only what pleases Him.
EVERY need in The Body of Christ can be met if we would all truly abandon our masters of flesh and ego, and chain ourselves to Christ Alone…
Seeking to Grow my Walk with God and Others,